Have you just reached your new home sweet home? Itchy hands, fluttering hearts and vivid imagination, there’s just no end to your excitement. In this blog we help you calm your nerves and arrange your house in the most elegant and compact manner possible. Read on.
1. Before starting up with the unpacking, make a rough sketch of how you want the house to look. It could be anything, right from the placement of major furniture such as cabinets, sofas, beds to the minor things such as food cans, show pieces and so on.
2. Don’t be in a hurry. The process of unpacking should be slow yet steady. Think over each and every aspect such as placement of things, water tanks and other essentials.
3. Be careful while unpacking bigger stuff. Sometimes while unpacking bigger things, scratches are bound to occur. So move out the bigger stuff carefully and place them in their respective places.
4. Think about the important things first. For example, the gas, water tank, bathroom arrangement need to be sorted out first. Only then can you look further and arrange the bigger objects. Arranging the most important items will give you a sense of relief and then you can comfortably move on with the other objects.
5. Always keep some space either near the kitchen or any other area where all you people can sit and discuss. You need to talk it out since placement of the other things is still left.
6. Things that you absolutely love but you cannot find a storage place for ought to be sent for placement in a separate storage unit.
7. You need to think practically and not get overly emotional with your arrangements. You need to adjust with your family members’ ideas while not forgetting to put forth yours as well. Especially with things like placement of a poster or a painting, you need to get your point across while still conforming to the needs of other people in the house.
Everything in your house is close to your heart. So unpack your love with utmost care and elegance.