Gas cylinders are a must in every household. Manufacturers and providers of gas cylinders must be very careful with the storage of cylinders considering that they are very flammable, and one wrong move can lead to disastrous effects. They have to be stored safely both in terms of industrial and household storage. Mentioned below are a few tips to store gas cylinders.
1. It is advisable to store cylinders in a well ventilated and dry area where there are no chances of any kind of explosion or any other form of damage.
2. Store cylinders vertically to prevent them from falling in any direction that may lead to an explosion.
3. Make sure you store full and empty cylinders separately. Also use up the old cylinders first and then proceed to make use of the new ones.
4. Tag and label cylinders appropriately using signage.
5. Divide the cylinders on the basis of the gas used in them such as flammable, oxidant, and so on.
6. Read the guidelines mentioned in any of the rulebooks for storage of gas cylinders.
7. Ensure that you do not store LPG gas cylinders with other cylinders.
8. As a storage provider of gas cylinders, be aware of the kind and the properties of the gas stored in the cylinder.
9. Remember that LPG cylinders should be kept at a distance of 3 meters from other kinds of gas cylinders. It is better if you use a firewall between the cylinders for better safety.
10. Make sure that the cylinders are not within the reach of children.
Gas cylinders are used in every industry. Right from your home to a restaurant to any other industrial location, there has to be a cylinder. Thus storage services providers, manufacturers and even homemakers need to exercise extreme caution in the storage and delivery of cylinders.